I previously shared with you guys how I lost 25 pounds. It was an amazing victory for me that I’m sharing with you some of the diet tips and tricks that worked for me. But before sharing those with you, I would like to inform you that am I am by no means a certified health junkie. I am just a girl who seriously wanted to lose weight. These tips are from a girl who gave herself a year to lose weight and succeeded. With that said, here are my tips. (READ How I Lost 25 Pounds) Continue reading Diet Tips
Hi, guys! Today I want to share with you my personal story on how I lost weight. I know every one of us has this goal but only some of us actually push through and commit to it. I am hoping that by sharing my story you will get inspired and believe that it is doable. Continue reading How I Lost 25 Pounds
Part of my Dirty 30 is a 130lb weight goal. This is a very difficult goal since I am not a very active person. To be able to successfully accomplish this goal, I know that I need to have an effective exercise habit. It’s foolproof, add more exercise in your life and you’ll surely end up losing a few pounds. But how do I create an effective exercise habit when I don’t like exercising even just a bit? Continue reading Creating New Habits & Sticking to It!
I had my annual physical exam last week and the only thing I remembered from it is the nice lady doctor saying I was obese.
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems -Wikipedia
Medically speaking, I am not obese. I am overweight. Having a height of 5’2″ and weighing in at 137 lbs, my BMI is on the brink of being normal. Actually, if I weigh myself the moment I wake up, my weight is as low as 132 lbs. But as the day progresses, it steadies at 137lbs. I’m no scientist or doctor so I’m not really sure which weight is consistent and should be considered as my real weight. But whichever weight I consider, I think that it is pretty good and proportional to my stature. In other words, I feel good about my body and the weight I loss since I started this blog. (Read more here)
Yes, lady doctor, you did hurt my feelings when you said that I was obese. You did try to win me back by saying I didn’t look obese but you already said the words and it did sting a little. 😦
However, to continue with the positive attitude I am trying to practice, I decided to take what the lady doctor said and challenge myself to be healthier. I think it’s perfect since it’s only the 4th of September and this could be my September goal.
I found inspiration for September goals by reading Brey and Kendel’s blogs. Do check out Ordinary Adventures and Little Misadventure to see what I am talking about. I love how both of them inspired me to challenge myself this month and hopefully I can commit to it.
Without further ado, here are my September goals.
- Finally commit to this month long calendar. I want to continue to challenge myself to lose more weight and be healthier. This calendar looks easy especially for beginners like me.
- Up my step count. Hit my daily goal and more. I have been hitting my goal but not consistently. Walking is the best form of exercise for me (and the only exercise I can do daily).
- Sleep at least 6 hours a day. I really do think I have to cut this post short since it’s eating up my sleep time.
- Stay away from rice. This is so difficult because I’m Asian and I love rice. I easily can have rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Blog everyday! I did get my own domain and all, might as well challenge myself to do this.
- Finish Norwegian Wood and Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami. Ever since I read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, I became more interested in him which resulted to two new books.
- Cook more! Look at all the pins on my Food Porn Board on Pinterest….
Let me know what you think and if you have goals for yourself, I’d like to see them. Let’s all have a fit and fab September. 🙂