Life lately is good. I must admit that it is a little stagnant since it mainly revolves around work, trying to lose weight, and balancing family life. There’s really not much too look forward to everyday. I’m just going along with the wind waiting to see where it actually takes me.
Sometimes I tell myself to go out there and be the girl I’ve always aspired to be. Learn a new language. Enroll yourself in a cooking school. But I don’t have the courage to do so – but to be more honest – I just don’t have the motivation to do so. What exactly does learning a new language or skill give me? It wasn’t until I watched a scene from the show 9-1-1 where everything made sense.
Athena’s dealing with the notion of being stuck in life, too. Her captain has news for her: That promotion to lieutenant that Athena’s always wanted, well, it’s available now.
But does she want it anymore? Most people assume that, yes, of course, she does. She’s worked so hard her entire life to move up, to make more money, to be recognized for how good she is at her job. Her captain sure assumes it. Her ex-husband definitely does. But Athena isn’t so sure. It’s only after some pillow talk with Bobby that she admits her true feelings about the whole thing. Yes, at one time she measured her success by her career. She was young and ambitious, but now that she’s older and has a family — can’t she be satisfied with what she has? She doesn’t feel stuck in her life. She likes her life.9-1-1 Episode Recap by EW
I guess all I’m saying is life is good. I’m at a place where I really want to be even if it means slowing down. Sure, sometimes when I see what other people are up to I envy them a little but deep down in my heart and soul, I don’t. I’m content. I’m happy. This is what happiness looks like for me.
- Going home and cooking food. Lately I’ve been watching cooking vlogs and I’m so inspired to copy all their recipes. Sometimes I wish there were some Pinoy mom/home vloggers that I could watch. I love watching haraxxx and ondo.
- Eating good food. When I’m lazy (and this does happen often) the hubby and I order take out or eat out.
- Trying to lose weight. I’ve gained a lot of weight since getting married. I am trying to lose all the weight again to control my PCOS.
- The reason for the bullet point above is because I want to get pregnant. (
I never really realized it until a couple of weeks back when I was obsessing over my period. I was wondering if I was pregnant and then there was this little pea sized hope in my head that I was.) I’m not sure if I want to get pregnant ASAP but yes, we are considering it. ( I love that my husband doesn’t pressure me at all and just waits for me to realize stuff on my own.)
- Our little garden. Since the weather has already shifted, we are seeing our plants bloom. We are having an abundance of aloe vera. Our mommy plant just keeps on giving and sprouting little aloes. We also saw our first bell pepper! It’s still so small but I find it very fulfilling that it has finally blossomed. ❤
- Minding my own business and doing things at my own pace. The simplest and best reason for my happiness.
I’m excited for August. It’s my birth month and fuck, I’m turning thirty. I’m not exactly sure what’s up or if I have goals or what it has in store for me but something about the start of a new month always excites me. It’s like a fresh slate and I’m ready to start anew.
I hope everyone has been well.