We’ve been married for roughly three months and today I thought that it would be a great day to tell you the ten things I wish I knew about my partner before we got married.
- I wish I knew he couldn’t cook and expects me to cook for him every day. I don’t necessarily find this an issue but it does get a little tiring when you still have to cook after a long day. The one time he cooked for me I thought the house was going to get burned down. There was smoke, guys.
- I wish I knew he’d do every chore I’d hate doing! I was worried about this because I basically hate doing chores but he’s so supportive of my laziness that he does some of the chores I want to be done but don’t want to do. Of course, some of the things that we both don’t like doing don’t end up getting done. Can someone help us mop the floor?
- I wish I knew he’s going to be my conscience when it comes to spending money. We made a pact to never let money come between us and this has been such a trying thing. I am used to having my own money that having another person see my finances is pretty soul-baring. He’s supportive, though! I love that he still lets me splurge once in a while and yet stops me from making unnecessary purchases.
- I wish I knew he’s going to be the most supportive husband ever. I miss my family a lot and he’s always so nice to welcome them into our home even if my nephews and niece are a lot to handle. Also, I love it that we see my side of the family a lot more than his (of course I am trying to balance it out but since we live nearer to my family they get to visit more often).
- I wish I knew he’s the laziest person ever when it comes to exercise. I like to exercise in the morning but since living with him, I don’t get to do this. He prefers to jog in the afternoon. I don’t like to do this because I am an early riser. Most of the time we don’t get to exercise because it’s already the end of the day. 😦 I know I could just leave him and exercise on my own but he needs the motivation to exercise.
- I wish I knew he is a late riser. I had a glimpse of this when we were still dating but never did I imagine that I would be so against it. I feel like we aren’t seizing the day because we always end up lying in bed and wasting most of the mornings. Plus, we always end up late!
- I wish I knew he asks his mom to clean up his things. When we started dating, I’d give him some knick-knacks as proof of my love (mostly cheesy ideas from Pinterest). When we visited his home, I saw a lot of those things in public places. OMG, I WANTED TO DIE. I can’t imagine his sister or his mom reading it and still see me as a normal person. The shame!!!!
- I wish I knew he’d do a lot of things for me. Girls, find yourself a partner that does this. It feels good to be spoiled! It’s just heartwarming to have this idea that I’d be spending the rest of my life with a partner that does this. It makes me want to be the best partner for him too!
- I wish I knew he had this weird habit when brushing his teeth. It’s this weird trying to spit out years worth of saliva or phlegm thing. It’s not nice to hear, lol, but I’m pretty sure he could share a million other weird habits about me so I’m not going to complain. I’m just sharing! 😉
- I wish I knew that he will give me my blogging space and that he’ll respect it. I was so worried that I’d have to share this site with him. I love that he gives me blogging time and even gives me ideas for blog posts. I keep this a secret from everyone because this has been my outlet. Having the opportunity to keep it as it is without the fear of him getting mad or offended is the best thing ever. I can still be myself but still share everything else with him. What more can I ask for?
Married life has been pretty overwhelming so far. We both are going through an adjustment phase. I wouldn’t want to have gone through it with another person because I swear, I am a lot to handle. He handles it so well and the best part about it is I am also challenged to be up to par with how he deals. Married life is hard but I knew I made the right choice because in the three months we’ve been together he has shown me that it’s all worth it! ❤