I’ll be honest. Today, I don’t feel like working. I don’t have cases to work on (which is great) and it has sucked me into this black hole called WordPress. I have been commenting, scheduling, and drafting posts since 8AM. I feel productive. This is the kind of work that gets me going. This is also the kind of work that doesn’t pay the bills if you don’t sell a part of your soul. I have no immediate plans of selling myself to consumerism so I’m going to enjoy my work today by working on my blog. 🙂
Here are February 13th’s ten reasons why I’m happy:
- I met with Aila yesterday. It was so fun. I was honestly scared and anxious but it all felt natural. She really made me feel at ease from the moment I saw her! I thought it was going to be super awkward that’s why we scheduled it at lunch but wow! It was such a fun experience. I wasn’t expecting anything from meeting her but now I just want to be her legit real life friend.
- I’m getting excited that our wedding is right around the corner. Finally, I can go back to being chill and just enjoy my relationship with my partner. I also want to watch a lot of k-dramas, movies, series and read books! I’m excited to get my time back and save money again for travels.
- I am excited and happy about getting married. Mike has always been such a stable partner and I like stable. It might be a safe choice but I need and want someone who loves me as much as Mike loves me. (This was brought about by that Sharon Cuneta thing on Facebook. Team Kiko, for the win!)
- I’m also very very very happy that because I’m getting married, I’m getting a chance to see all my longtime friends who became pixels on my phone. We’re seeing each other a lot recently. I love that even if my circle is small, I still have trusted friends who understand and support me.
- Victoria recently gave me access to her e-books collection. After writing and publishing this post, I plan to waste the rest of my working hours by reading a book. What more can a girl wish for?
- I stopped writing this post mid-way to book a flight to Japan this year. I AM SO EXCITED. Japan has now become a favorite of mine. I honestly don’t know how I’m going to pay for it but I’m still pushing through with it. I just hope I don’t get terminated from my job anytime soon.
- I am happy about my decision to sell a stock I was losing money with and gain back a few pesos because of the new stock I bought. I think I just gained back the money I lost BUT I’m just happy I’m making wiser decisions when it comes to the stock market. I still have a long way to go but these small victories really make it all worth it.
- I’m ecstatic about this Fitbit I bought. I bought it because Mike and I were having an argument and I resorted to retail therapy. It’s not needed and my usual minimalist self is cringing but I just love it. It’s such an upgrade from my Vivofit! I don’t want to remove it from my arm anymore.
- Mike and I were able to watch The XX the other week. IT WAS THE BEST CONCERT EVER. I’m still giddy over it because I just got a copy of the pictures and videos we took. I really love their music and style. Did you know that the first concert Mike and I attended together was there 2013 concert here? How apt was it that we are ending our boyfriend-girlfriend relationship by watching their concert a week before our marriage!
- Lastly, I’m happy with my life. It’s not that perfect and there are for sure some things that need improvement but so far I like where I’m going and headed. There’s a lot of question marks but I’m just glad and content with how things are going. I hope this feeling lasts for a long time.
That’s it, that’s today’s list! Your turn! What are you happy about today?