I’ll be honest. This post was supposed to be up a couple of days ago. I resisted hitting the publish button because the things on the list weren’t really making me happy. The things on that list were half-assed attempts at trying to be happy. Today, November 17th, I feel better and legitimately happier. Here are ten reasons why!
- After being on bench since September, I already have a new project. I am quite worried about it but I am excited! I don’t have friends here yet but I’m an introvert by default so I expected that.
- Since I don’t have friends here yet, I was very worried about lunch lol. Who was I going to eat with? Good thing my friend got rolled into an early morning project as well! Now I don’t have to worry about lunch.
- I saw my boss crush! Hahahaha!
- Going to work every day has distracted me from all the drama at home. It’s not the right way to deal with family drama but things are quite complicated right now that it’s better this way.
- My niece and nephew are so cute. They always welcome me home and ask me how my day was. They proceed to give me hugs and ask if I’m working home the next day. I’ll miss them the moment I leave our house. T_T
- I’m so happy with my boyfriend. ❤ I was telling him I didn’t have anyone to have lunch with and he said he’d go to work for me. Oh diba ang sweet! Ang babaw ng problema ko pero sinasabayan ako.
- I’ve been listening to the podcast Optimal Living Daily. It’s basically a podcast that narrates blog posts that focus on improving your life. I listened to this podcast the other day about Learning to Let Go and Letting Go of Control. It was very inspiring I wanted to cry. Here are the links to the blog posts if you’re interested: Learning to Let Go, Letting Go of Control.
- I’m finally reading Killing Pablo. I love the series Narcos! Reading the book gives me a more in-depth understanding of why Pablo became Pablo. I’m only a few chapters in but I’m blown.
- I’m happy about the future. It’ll only be three months until I get married. GUYS, THIS IS IT.
- LIFE. I need to remind myself that it’s only a bad day and not a bad life. Sometimes, I get too caught up in the moment that I forget to be thankful and happy.
I know it’s a pretty mediocre list that focuses mainly on having work again but I’m just sincerely happy about it! Plus the fact that I’m at work while writing this post. 😉
What are you happy about today?