Last January, our family decided to try out Metrodeal’s Canyon Cove deal. My dad has persistently been asking me to schedule this so I finally gave in. To be honest, I had no expectations for this considering some of the places we’ve stayed at are below par and honestly a hotel is a welcome change.
We decided to buy 2 vouchers of the deal below. It was perfect for our group of four adults and two kids.
- Plan your family escapade to Batangas and enjoy an overnight accommodation in a Superior Room (twin sharing) for 2 adults and 2 kids
- Canyon Cove is a premier resort in Batangas known for its unique and calm location and pristine waters
- Get a Canyon Cove and Canyon Woods Resort day tour pass for 2 persons, and use of resort facilities
- Gain access to the resort`s facilities and enjoy 10% discount on all Aqua facilities
- Perfect vacation venue for the entire family
- Stay connected with your loved ones with free Wi-Fi access at the Business Center
We left home at around 10AM, had lunch at Tagaytay and arrived at Canyon Cove at around 2PM. Perfect for our check-in. All we had to do was present the vouchers, an ID and a surprise deposit of P2,ooo per room. Honestly, this annoyed me considering there was no information that a deposit was needed.
Anyway, check-in was a breeze since there was no line. After ten minutes, we were given our keys and we went to our rooms.
The view from our rooms.
After resting a little, we headed out to see what this resort has to offer.
There is only one restaurant in the resort and food wasn’t allowed inside so our family decided to have dinner at the city proper of Nasugbu. We ended up driving for about fifteen minutes and ate at Andok’s Lechon Manok. LOL. My dad is such a cheapskate but I don’t mind. The food wasn’t great but it was a whole lot cheaper than what the resort offered.
What’s funny is we had some leftover food and a bottle of Sprite that my dad decided to bring back to the resort. Upon entering, a guard told my dad that food wasn’t allowed inside but my dad being my dad asked why and the guard told him it’s because it will be seen in the CCTV. *facepalm* My wise-ass dad then put the plastic bag with food and drinks under his shirt and proceeded to their room. It’s a good thing the guard didn’t reprimand us further and just laughed at the whole thing.
Next day, for breakfast we ate some bread with spreads to fill our tummies until lunch. Yes, this wasn’t allowed but that’s what we did. LOL. Then we just continued swimming and stayed under the sun until eleven.
We were surprised when we found out when we were checking out that you could actually go to the resort earlier, before check-in, and you can already use the facilities. When I rechecked our deal, it has this fine print:
- Canyon Cove Day Tour Pass includes:
- Entrance for 2 persons only and use of hotel’s facilities ie. beach, pool etc.,
- Canyon Cove Daytourpass is included only when booking of room/s is on a weekday (Monday-Thursday)
- Canyon Cove Daytourpass has same validity as the room voucher and can be used within the validity period, and will be given to guests upon room check in
Overall, it was a good relaxing stay and it was so fun to spend a weekend with my family. This deal is a real steal and I highly recommend it to everyone.