I never thought I’d be called creative. Thank you Rosema for thinking and nominating me for this amazing award. Head on over to her site. Seriously. You won’t regret it. She has an amazing knack for writing and I personally love her Monday Musings. 😛
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
5 Facts About Myself
- My all time favorite author is Neil Gaiman. My fave book from him is Neverwhere and The Good Omens (written with the late and great Terry Pratchett).
- Neil Gaiman was introduced to me by my former suitor who I didn’t know was courting me! No, it wasn’t his fault. It was mine. I was too young and didn’t know anything about love, flirting and the art of courting! 😀
- Mike had me at “I like to read books” and “Have you read Neil Gaiman’s The Good Omens?”
- I have most of Neil’s books – American Gods, The Graveyard Book, Neverwhere, Stardust, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Good Omens, Anansi Boys, Fragile Things, Smoke and Mirrors and Unnatural Creatures. It is my dream to complete all of his books.
- My favorite Neil Gaiman quote would have to be…
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life…You give them a piece of you. They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like ‘maybe we should be just friends’ turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”
Here are my Nominees:
I’m sorry I’ll be skipping going into each of my nominees sites/blogs to comment since I’ll be scheduling this post. 🙂
/ / / / /
There you have it, five facts about me that revolved around Neil Gaiman! I decided to go with this approach because I know that Rosema loves books and reading. I thought how fitting it would be. 😉
Has an author ever affected you in the same way Neil has affected me? I’d love to know!!