This week’s recipe came into fruition when we had a lot of broccoli just wasting away in our crisper so I decided to try and save it. I do not believe wasting or throwing food unless it is not suitable for human consumption. Throwing away food is a total waste of money. I bet you wouldn’t believe what kind of broccoli I used when you look at the photo below for the final product!
Ready? Let’s go!
What you’ll need:
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Chicken Broth (I used Knorr’s Chicken Stock Cube)
- Milk (I used evaporated milk)
- Unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fusilli Noodles
What you’ll do:
I basically modified the steps for my One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta which you can find here. But if you’re feeling kinda lazy, don’t worry, I got you covered!
- Cook your fusilli noodles and set aside.
- In a pan, fry until brown your chicken breast then set aside. (I used olive oil in doing this since I will be using a single pan for the sauce.)
- Add in the garlic.
- Once that’s done, add in two cups of milk, chicken stock cube and a spoon of unsalted butter. Don’t forget to add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and fusilli noodles then mix it all together.
- Serve while hot!
If you’re wondering what kind of broccoli I used…It looks so bad. 😛
There you go! I tried my best to save our yellowish broccoli and served up this healthy and yummy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.
Inspiration for this is freshdreamer’s recipe here. Be sure to check out original recipe. 🙂